It’s the big game day, and I decided to make a last minute sweet treat for the party we are headed to. Something deliciously sweet & salty that we can snack our hearts out with is what I had in mind. Also, because it was a last minute thought, it needed to be fairly quick and painless. I had a wave of genius as I was preparing bacon for a dip I was in middle of making….why not include it in my sweet treat. Nothing says football and game day to me more than bacon!
So I’m posting this little sinfully delicious Toffee Crack recipe. The base of this recipe is called Christmas Crack, which I’m sure you’ve all heard of, and hopefully tried, and if not, where have you been? You are seriously missing out!!! It’s a highly addictive toffee saltine crack candy draped in melted chocolate, and it is oh so delicious! However, we’re about to crank the knob up on the delicious factor, because we are adding caramel popcorn, candied peanuts, Reese’s pieces, and wait for it…BACON! You simply cannot get any more indulgent than this. This toffee and chocolate candy is to die for, and it will satisfy any craving you have. So, whip this baby up, and your guests will be cheering for you instead of the game!
48-50 Saltine Crackers
1 Cup of Butter
1 Cup of Packed Brown Sugar
2 Cups of Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup of Chopped Bacon
1/2 Cup of Caramel Popcorn
1/4 Cup of Candied Nuts
1/4 Cup of Mini Reese’s Pieces
A Parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place saltine crackers in a single layer on pan.
- Mix butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan, and boil on medium heat for approximately 3-4 minutes, stir and keep your eye on this. It will start to thicken and look like toffee.
- Pour toffee mixture on top of crackers. Place in oven (400 C) for 7 minutes.
- Take pan out of oven, then sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Put back in oven for 1-2 minutes
- Spread chocolate evenly with a spoon to ensure it covers the tops of the crackers.
- Now start to sprinkle this goodness with toppings, bacon, popcorn, nuts, Reese’s Pieces.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour to set.
- Take out once set and crack the toffee in pieces. Don’t worry about perfection here, it’s will crack in pieces with little effort.
- Place on a plate and indulge!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container (I keep mine in the freezer) for the next party!